Mother's Day Old Homes Tour
Sunday, May 12, 1996
10 AM - 4 PM
Visit six historic homes and two museums on a
tour hosted by docents in period costumes. See the work
of craftspeople skilled in restoration and vintage
decoration. Ooh and aah at beautifully restored vintage
cars... all at one of the top Old House tours in the Los
This year, the houses include a 1913 French Norman
mansion, an 1886 Victorian farm house, two 1910 Craftsman
homes (one a bungalow), a 1903 Transitional house that
combines Victorian and Craftsman elements, and a rambling
Spanish hacienda from the 1920's. None of these private
homes have ever been on the Mother's Day Tour before!
Also included in the price of the tour is admission to the
Anderson House Museum and the Monrovia Historical Museum.
Click here to see one of the homes on the tour!
General tour information:
Questions about the Mother's Day Old Homes Tour?
- This is NOT a walking tour. Please plan to drive to the various homes
- The tour involves climbing stairs of various lengths, heights and steepness.
- No high heels are allowed inside the houses under any circumstances.
- Please allow at least four hours to visit all six homes and the two
- The private homes and museums close promptly at 4 p.m.
Click here to send your questions by e-mail to:
© 1996 URLy Sylke All Rights Reserved CREDITS