The Agency shall require, to the extent feasible, that adequate landscaping and screening shall be developed in the Project Area to insure optimum use of living plant material and to create a buffer between those areas designated for residential uses and those areas designated for commercial or industrial uses. In all areas, sufficient space shall be maintained between buildings to provide adequate light, air, and privacy.
4. (Sec. 419) Utilities
The Agency shall require that all utilities be placed underground whenever physically possible and economically feasible.
5. (Sec. 420) Subdivision of Parcels
No parcels in the Project Area, including any parcel retained by a participant shall be consolidated, subdivided, or re-subdivided without the approval of the appropriate City, County, or State body and, if necessary, for purposes of this Amended Plan, the Agency.
6. (Sec. 421) Nondiscrimination and Nonsegregation
There shall be no discrimination or segregation based upon race, sex, color, creed, marital status, religion, national origin or ancestry permitted in the sale, lease, sublease, transfer, use occupancy, tenure or enjoyment of property in the Project Area.
7. (Sec. 422) Limitation on the Number of Buildings
The approximate number of buildings in the Project Area shall not exceed the maximum number allowed under the densities permitted under the City's General Plan, as implemented and applied by local codes and ordinances. The number of buildings permitted in the Project Area will be approximately 970.
8. (Sec. 423) Number of Dwelling Units
The number of dwelling units in the Project Area shall not exceed the maximum number allowed under the densities permitted under the City's General Plan, as implemented and applied by local codes and ordinances. The number of dwelling units permitted in the Project Area will be approximately 1,273.
9. (Sec. 424) Limitations on Type, Size and Height of Buildings
Except as set forth in other sections of this Plan, the type, size, and height of buildings shall be as limited by the applicable federal, state and local statutes and ordinances.
10. (Sec. 425) Signs
Prior to installation, the design of all proposed new signs shall be submitted to the Agency and or City, depending upon procedures established by the Agency, for review and approval, pursuant to the procedures permitted by this Plan.
II. (Sec. 426) Incompatible Uses
No use or structure which by reason of appearance, traffic, smoke, glare, noise, odor, or similar factors would be incompatible with the surrounding areas or structures shall be permitted in any part of the Project Area.
12. (Sec. 427) Minor Variations
Under exceptional circumstances the Agency is authorized to permit minor variations from the limits, restrictions and controls established by this Plan. In order to permit such a variation, the Agency must determine that:
- The application of certain provisions of this Plan would result in practical difficulties or unnecessary hardships inconsistent with the general purposes of this Plan.
- There are exceptional circumstances or conditions applicable to the property or to the intended development of the property which do not apply generally to other properties having the same standards, restrictions, and controls.
- Permitting a variation from the limits, restrictions or controls of this Plan will not be materially detrimental to the public welfare or injurious to property or improvement in the area.
- Permitting a variation will not be contrary to the objectives of this Plan. No such variation shall be granted which permits other than a minor departure from the provisions of this Plan. In permitting such variation, the Agency shall impose such conditions as are necessary to protect the public health, safety or welfare and to insure compliance with the objectives of the Plan. The Agency shall give consideration to good design, open space and other amenities to enhance the aesthetic qualities of the Project Area.
Table Of Contents | Previous
Page | Next Page
© 1996 URLy Sylke All Rights Reserved CREDITS